Our 140 pound [63.5 kg] automatic hammer gives you extremely consistent and accurate Standard Penetration Test results, meeting all ASTM-D-1586 requirements. That’s because there are no ropes or cables to impede the free fall of the weight.
The hammer swings from stored position to on-hole position. Since raising and lowering is done hydraulically, set up is quick and almost effortless.
For maximum safety, all moving parts are enclosed, including the impact area between the weight and the anvil. A 340/140 pound [154/63.5 kg] hammer is also available.
Quick mast disconnect†
This feature allows you to quickly disconnect the mast when working inside buildings, underneath bridges or in other low overhead drilling locations. Since the mast is completely separated from the upright, is doesn’t interfere with other drill functions such as the in-out slide base.
With the mast in the horizontal position, you simply clamp it to its storage rack and extend the drill’s in-out slide base. This pulls the sockets on the upright drill frame away from the large tapered pins on the mast.
The hydraulic rod holder makes your job quicker and safer. It not only pivots from on-hole to off-hole positions, but also hydraulically moves in and out. For efficient operation, the breakout wrench is mounted at the pivot point of the rod holder arm.
This unique system is especially effective for drilling underneath ponds, storage tanks, or other structures. When used with our patented continuous sample tube system, you can even take soil samples while drilling angle holes.
The angle drilling system will also allow you to drill vertically with the carrier positioned on an uphill slope. That can eliminate the time-consuming job of leveling an area on which to place the rig.
And, since the kelly drive is directly connected to the right angle drive box, you can raise and lower the mast with the drivetrain already connected and ready to go.
Additional optional equipment
- Continuous sample tube system
- High torque rotary drive
- Underside sheave
- Low clearance sheave
- Auger and rod guides for angle drilling
- Fluted kelly and chuck assembly
- Drill rod chuck
- Spindle adapter
- Utility air tool system
- Cathead, 8 inch [20.3 cm] diameter
- Hydraulic hoist
- 1,800 pound [815 kg], max line speed 173 ft./min [53 m/min]
- 3,200 pound [1,452 kg], max line speed 87 ft./min [26 m/min]
- 8,500 pound [3,856 kg]
- max line speed 62 ft./min [19 m/min]
- max line speed 269 ft./min [82 m/min]
- Hydraulic wireline hoist
- 900 pound [408 kg], max line speed 345 ft./min [105 m/min]
- 1,800 pound [816 kg], max line speed 170 ft./min [52 m/min]
- Water pumps
- Moyno Progressing cavity
- 36 gpm/225 psi [136 lpm/1,551 kPa]
- 84 gpm/225 psi [318 lpm/1,551 kPa]
- 25 gpm/500 psi [ 95 lpm/3,448 kPa]
- 35 gpm/500 psi [132 lpm/3,448 kPa]
- Gardner-Denver 4½ x 5
- 148 gpm/197 psi [560 lpm/1,358 kPa]
- Other pumps available
- Moyno Progressing cavity
† Patented by Central Mine Equipment Company